Wednesday, September 02, 2009

SIX ?? Dead Rats

Monday, July 17, 2006



Perhaps it was the similar characteristics of rats and he/they who shall remain nameless, but I finally decided enough was enough... No more vile dirty creatures in my life.

I haven't been at my loft in months, literally. I got sidetracked for a minute by a daydream and spent a lot of time elsewhere, It has been probably 5 months my loft has been unattended.

My loft is above an organic grocery store...

My loft is in a hundred year old building.

My loft was without power for 4 months.

When you think you are moving power is not really a necessity... right?

What was I thinking? .

If the rats had flashed a pretty smile and said trust me we won't shit on your life, I probably would have tried to co-exist with them as I am that freakin naive.

I am a pacifist middle child, If I can avoid a fight I will. If I can communicate my way out of a problem I will try... I am so annoying.

Actually, I think I have some ostrich relatives on my family tree as I am very good at burying my head in the sand... (Yet I digress...)

I tried pretending they weren't there, then when that didn't work I tried screaming crying and throwing shoes, I thought I could scare them off by showing loud emotion...

(By the way- that only works on rats who walk upright!)

Didn't work.

I pissed the rats off.

The rats started getting all in my face, squeaking and shrieking if I came home.

Then the biggest rat of the bunch started sending me the most horrible messages. Never had I been told such vile things in high pitched squeaky rat hysteria.

Enough was enough. I ignored the messages and took my anger out on the rodent roomies.

done and done.

When your inner peace and strength is being dragged through the mud, its sometimes difficult to push yourself to face the hard stuff.

If this occurs you must turn to your friends to hold you accountable and encourage you to be strong.

This support is usually from a girlfriend, as upright rodents don't like to see their kind exterminated.

Doris and I used our reserve girl power yesterday and laid traps all over my loft, then took off for her house so we wouldn't have to hear the horrible snap- squeak -squeal sounds of death...

(I didn't want to watch their squealing death dance...)

I wasn't holding my breath... I never seem to be able to escape the rodents in my world..

To my suprise and pleasure it freakin squeakin worked!!!

Final score:

Rats: 0

Tiff: 7
(6 plus the big one gone for good!)

All in all this is shaping out to be a great week!

No comments: