Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Nocturnal Adventures of a Sorority house Mom

Sunday, October 21, 2007

Soooo....

I was sleeping soundly when I hear the sounds of shushing outside my window...(drunken shushing actually isn't as quiet as the shushees think it is, I don't know why they bother)

As it is well past the hours that any boys are allowed inside the sorority house at all I went to explain their options....which shouldn't take long as they only had one...get the heck outta da AXO!

When I said "Boys..." they all went running for the stairs and tripping all over themselves....like I wouldn't notice? Like they could possibly find somewhere to Hide? The drunken brain never ceases to amaze me with its quick logic and seemingly fool proof planning... come on!

If it hadn't irritated me so much it would have been comical watching them trip all over themselves. I guess they figured it out though when I said " Oh come on, are you kidding me? Give me a freakin break!"

Sheepishly one by one they came back down stairs and pretended they had NO idea they weren't supposed to be here, sorority Suzie* (whom they were visiting) made this innocent little girls face that probably works reaaaaalllly well with her daddy, and tried to convince me they didn't know...

As they filed quietly out the front door, it seemed to me that it was almost TOOO quick and easy when they left.

This particular girls room has a very accessible balcony from the front. It occured to me that in light of their running, they were the types to push the envelope and think it was a game...

I was determined to make sure it was a game they weren't going to win, (even though I could really care less, I am in fact paid to uphold these silly rules which ban the boys from the house for like four hours of the day...pointless!).

I made like I was returning to my room, and then I went up the stairs from the back side and was waiting for them when they climbed the balcony...Hello! was that ever too funny!

Almost didn't irritate me at all as their facial expressions of surprised horror were so classic. Damn if I don't crack myself up sometimes! I didn't really even have to say a word the boys bolted...To sorority Suzie* I just turned calmly and remarked that it probably wouldn't be a good idea to try that stunt again as it just makes everyone uncomfortable when I have to kick people out. I managed not to chuckle until I got back to my room. Poor sorority Suzie* will probably go through a lot of trouble to avoid me for the next couple days.

Final Score:
Tiff 2 for 2
Drunken frat brats*: 0


So yeah, but I am wide awake now...sigh

* Names changed to protect the drunken from remembering the details of their own actions.

No comments: